Sweet and Sour tempeh
This oriental cuisine inspired recipe with a healthy plant-protein twist is perfect for the thrill-seeking culinary aficionados.
200 gm tempeh
1 tbsp oil
5-6 garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger
1 medium sized onion
1/3 cup rice vinegar/ apple cider vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
1/4th cup ketchup
2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
A cup of red, yellow and green bell peppers
- Sauté 5-6 finely chopped garlics cloves, 1tsp ginger, 1 medium sized onion finely chopped in 1 tbsp oil, till the onions turn translucent
- Add 1/3rd cup rice vinegar/ apple cider vinegar, 1/4th cup brown sugar, 1/4th cup ketchup, 2 ½ tbsp soy sauce. Stir and reduce the sauce for a minute or 2
- In another pan slightly toast 200gm of chopped tempeh till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Add a cup of red, yellow and green bell peppers
- Finally add the tempeh to the sauce and toss it well to coat the tempeh with sauce and let simmer
- Take bowl of salad of your favorite veggies together and add the tempeh mix
- Garnish with white sesame and seeds and voila!